From the Call for Posters:
The Association for Literature, Environment, and Culture in Canada is hosting its biennial conference at Queen’s University from June 15 th to June 18 th , 2016. This conference provides a unique interdisciplinary forum for students to display their research projects. The conference explores themes like:
- What makes an environmental crisis common or uncommon?
- What ways of imagining, re-imagining and making our environments are held in common, or perhaps just as valuably, are uncommon?
- What can our common and uncommon cultures contribute in addressing environmental crisis?
However, the posters do not necessarily need to fit with the stated theme; all abstracts related to environmental studies are appreciated. We welcome posters from the social sciences, humanities, and sciences. We are striving for interdisciplinary representation!
The poster session is intended to highlight posters that feature: proposals for future research; overview of research processes; or results of a student's project.
In order to submit a poster presentation for consideration, please submit an abstract—up to 200 words—to Cassandra Kuyvenhoven (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Poster abstract submission deadline: Friday, May 20 th at 4:00pm. • Notification of decision to include poster: Friday, June 3 rd by 4:00pm.
Please format the poster as follows:
- Standard Poster Size: 36 inches X 48 inches OR 18 inches X 24 inches o Layout: Landscape or Portrait
- Materials: Paper-based (with matte finish or coated paper) or foam board (excluding tri-folds)
- Suggested information to include: Title of poster; Presenter’s name; Department; Email; Purpose of research; Method; Findings; Conclusions
- Posters from all disciplines are welcome and not all disciplines will necessarily follow these suggestions on information to include. Take a look at academic poster guidelines like:
If you have further questions, please direct them to Cassandra Kuyvenhoven (email@example.com). The conference planning committee looks forward to your submissions!